InfoVision is a summit series initiated in 2005 with the aim of creating a platform for bringing together academic researchers in the information sciences and technologies and business heads in the information industry to discuss and deliberate on a chosen theme. Experts from the industry and the academia join the debate and share their views. Best practices and success stories are showcased. InfoVision is an intellectual confederation of all stakeholders – academia, industry, government and the user groups, to meet as partners and to develop a unified framework and formulate strategies for capitalizing knowledge for performance.
- InfoVision 2005 was organised in September 2005 by the International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (IIITB) and Informatics India Limited and the International School of Information Management (ISiM) was launched during the first InfoVision Summit. Since then ISiM has been partnering with different organisations to organise the summit series.
- InfoVision 2006 was organised by ISiM in collaboration with CII in September 2006
- InfoVision 2007 was organised by ISiM in collaboration with Rediff. Com during December 2007
- InfoVision 2009 was organised by ISiM in partnership with Microsoft Research Bangalore during January 2009
- InfoVision 2011 was organised by ISiM in collaboration with Information Excellence Group, a collaborative volunteer community including and with the support of CSI Bangalore chapter, DAMA Bangalore Chapter and TDWI India Chapter during September 2011
- InfoVision 2012, the 6th edition of InfoVision was held on October 19 & 20 at SAP Labs, Bangalore. The theme of InfoVision 2012 was “ SMAC ( Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud) is smart”.